Project 4 work in progress


For this project, I viewed the theme of sequential narrative as like trying to tell a story. Now everyone  has many stories to tell throughout they're life but someones actual life story, the one that explains how where they have been, and what they have even able to succeed and accomplish in life is the most important story. It's their own personal story, one that is never the same as someone else's story. One that is not often shared with people you are distant to. I felt that I wanted to try and convey a sense of someone's life into this photo. I went for a sort of surrealist approach with a bit of Alice in Wonderland kind of vibes. I used the people in the photo to show the sense of aging and growth in someones life. The tree is suppose to represent the sort of core of this persons life. It is the thing that this person has always come back to no matter their age. 

Comments

  1. Your concept for this piece is really strong and I think you have represented it well through your image. The only thing I would do differently is maybe make the background a bit brighter/more saturated but that is just my preference. Either way, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the concept comes through really well and is easily identified. I enjoy the background as I think it adds a good amount of visual interest with the colors and texture but I agree that it could be brighter. It's definitely off to a great start and i'm excited to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a strong piece! It reminds me of a memory quilt- which are added on and passed down through generations

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Colleen in regards to the quilt-like nature of the piece. The textures in the background are also interesting. I think that the narrative aspect is a little too on-the-nose for my taste, but you have a good defense for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the contrast between the colorful textured areas and the silhouettes , the butterflies are a really cool addition- good symbolism. I agree that the image is a little dark, I would just make sure that the figures still stand out the most as you make changes. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the concept and the idea for the narrative. the background seems to be too dark. I like the imagery you used for your narrative. i would play around with filters to give it light in some areas to show life and darkness to show death in other areas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From Cameron
    This is super cool to look at. It’s definitely a sequential narrative that is easy to read and I love that the people are like cut outs. It’s very well represented! I agree you could make it a little brighter in exposure and in color but overall, I like it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts